Saturday 4 October 2008

My Spiritual Journey

I have had a spiritual inclination for many years now and spent years seeking what seems right for me. More important seeking after the truth.
I was brought up a NOMINAL christian. In in my 30s I became more interested in the Christian religion and became what I can best describe as a spiritual gypsy.
I involved myself with C of E. Methodist. Salvation Army. Baptist. and then because I could not find any satisfaction with those mainstream denominations I spent 9 months studying with the Jehovah's Witnesses. I never became baptised and a member because I could not accept all they taught. However I did accept their teaching that the mainstream Christian denominations were way off from the original teachings of Jesus Christ and the 1st century apostles. That those early Christians would hardly recognise the mainstream Church of today! Therefor when I left the JW, I could not go back to the churches as I could not relate to them.
I still had a yearning for a spiritual home and began to read about the Pagan paths.
I became involved and would have called myself a pagan. I don't think I really embraced any one path though. I accepted the Goddess and loved the worship of Her through nature.
I kept the yearly festivals. I saw Deity in all nature around me.
One problem. I never abandoned my belief in Jesus Christ as depicted in the Scriptures.
For a while I attempted to try to fit Christ into this Pagan involvement. I also accepted a GOD as well as a GODDESS. The God I accepted was the same God (Heavenly Father) as found in the Bible.
Eventually however I found more and more difficulty trying to fit my God and Jesus Christ into the Pagan mold.
I felt strongly pulled back to a Christian spirituality.
But where to go? I prayed about it and soon was visited by 2 young missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I was impressed by their theology and to cut a long story short I was baptised into that Church.
I am at last feeling I have found my spiritual home. I am a High Priest now and as a member of the local Bishopric am involved in the administration and organisation of the local congregation. I am fascinated by the deep doctrines and theology of that church as well as the requirement to LIVE the life ( walk the walk not just talk the talk)
I believe many people today have spiritual leanings and still feel drawn to the Goddess and Earth religion, or perhaps towards the New Age Movement. Maybe they are not yet ready to evolve to the next stage of spiritual advancement. However many millions feel the call to the God the Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. At some time in their lives that call will come. That call will draw them to raise their sights Heavenwards. Jesus said " no one can come to me unless first called by my father". Maybe they will then accept the call.
I, being christian, personally believe that Christ is soon to come back to Earth again. That will be the end of the system of things we now live in. Earth will gradualy become a paradise as it was when first created. (millennial reign, Paradise was lost, Paradise will be regained).
I believe all have a right to their beliefs as I have a right to mine. Maybe no religion holds ALL the truths and SOME truth can be found in them all.
As you sincerely seek God whatever your present beliefs, God Bless you.

No comments: